The American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) is a national organization that is dedicated to promoting women's health, improving the professional development and personal well-being of its members, and increasing the influence of women in all aspects of the medical profession.
Here at Washington University, we organize many events, both within the university, and out in the community. These include:
- Lunch talks relating to women's issues in medicine
- Several awareness weeks, focusing on women in medicine, body image, and domestic violence
- Trips to local women's and children's shelters
- The Annual Red Dress Affair, a fundraiser for the Go Red for Women campaign of the American Heart Association
- Food and clothing drives
- Faculty mentorship
- Regional Conference on topics pertaining to women's health
- Monthly discussion groups
- And many social activities!
It is not too late to get involved! If you would like to get involved, please contact any of the officers,
or take a look at the calendar for upcoming events!